FALLS CHURCH, VA — On November 3, churches are invited to join the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church.
To equip Christians for the annual event, Christian Freedom International designed a free resource kit with resources to engage churches whether meeting in-person or virtually.
The International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church was launched over two decades ago. Today, more people are aware of the unrelenting threat and terrors, including:
- In China, pastors are jailed, churches destroyed, children banned from churches, and pictures of Jesus in homes and churches are replaced with images of China’s rulers.
- In Hong Kong, Christians face crushing threats from China’s oppressive regime.
- In India, Christians are violently attacked, and charities shut down by Hindu nationalists.
- In Nigeria, militant Islamists are conducting a “pure genocide” against Christians.
- In Egypt, Christian young women are abducted by Islamists, forcibly converted and ‘married’ to Muslims to separate them from their families and faith.
- In Pakistan, false accusations of “blasphemy” trigger deadly mobs and death sentences against innocent Christians.
Christian Freedom International’s prayer kit includes:
- Two Posters
- Bible Study
- Church Bulletin insert
- Word search puzzle
- Children’s coloring page
- Scripture verses and song suggestions
- Notecards to write to persecuted Christians
- Optional digital version available
Christian Freedom International serves persecuted Christians year-round with aid, schools, shelters, and more.
Hard copies are available (while supplies last) (link: https://christianfreedom.org/idop2020/)
CONTACT: Wendy Wright, 800-323-2273
- Christian News Wire, Churches Prepare for ‘International Day of Prayer for Persecuted Christians’
- Christian Freedom International, Official Website