WILLS POINT, TX – Gospel for Asia (GFA) released a brand-new video that tells the remarkable story of what the Lord has been able to do with a 24-year-old young man who had immigrated from India to the United States. In just three minutes, Dr. K.P. Yohannan shares the unexpected mission to which the Lord called him and several of the utterly amazing things God has done over the past 40 years since the founding of Gospel for Asia (GFA).
From Vision to Mission – When Gospel for Asia launched in 1979, it had only 24 workers and one mighty, big God. Today, Gospel for Asia (GFA) helps support thousands of workers in 16 different countries. The ministry has prospered with the founding of thousands established congregations proclaiming the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
- Mercy through Medicine – GFA-supported teams hold thousands of medical camps every year with as many as 2,000 attending some of those camps. There is no fee for treatments or medications. In 2018 alone, GFA-supported workers organized more than 1,100 medical camps across Asia.
- Hope for the Hopeless – Millions of children in South Asia live in slums, on the streets or in rural villages trapped in abject poverty. That’s millions who may be under-nourished and under-educated. They have no hope for either the present or the future. GFA-supported Bridge of Hope centers provide education, food, clothing and hope for tens of thousands of children and their families. Dr. Yohannan’s vision is for the ministry to help half-a-million children change their lives and their futures for the good.
- Work with Women – In the video, Yohannan shares that women comprise the largest group of unreached people in the world. Because they are often enslaved, considered as chattel and abused, opportunities the rest of us take for granted are often unavailable to millions of them. Although Gospel for Asia (GFA) supporters may be aware of the ministry’s literacy programs (Gospel for Asia (GFA) helped train nearly 62,000 women to read and write in 2018 alone), many readers will be surprised to learn that GFA-supported workers wrote and published the books used in the literacy program. Those books have been translated into 14 different languages and are now being used by some government-sponsored education agencies!
- Wells of Water – But did you know that working in cooperation with the government, GFA-supported workers have dug more clean-water wells than any other organization over the past 40 years? The work continues as nearly half-a-million villages still have no access to clean drinking water. During 2018, GFA-supported workers helped install 4,712 Jesus Wells all across Asia.
- Spring of Living Water – The number one priority of K.P. Yohannan and Gospel for Asia (GFA) remains as it has been for 40 years: to take the Good News, the love of God, the Springs of Living Water to places and people who have never heard of Jesus.
To borrow a phrase from the Bible, Gospel for Asia (GFA) exists by and for Jesus. The humble young man whom God called to a mission beyond his wildest dreams has not laid down his mantle. He rises early every day to spend time alone with the Lord he loves and whom he serves faithfully.
Gospel for Asia (GFA) is not the work of K.P. Yohannan. It is the beautiful tapestry that the Lord has been able to weave with a man who has been a good and faithful servant since committing his life to share the love of his Savior.
To God be the glory for a ministry that was unimaginable 40 years ago!
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2019, GFA (Gospel for Asia) is a leading faith-based humanitarian and mission agency, bringing vital assistance and spiritual hope to millions across Asia, especially to those who have yet to hear the “good news” of Jesus Christ. In 2018, this included more than 70,000 sponsored children, free medical camps conducted in more than 1,100 villages and remote communities, over 4,700 wells drilled, over 11,400 water filters installed, income-generating Christmas gifts for more than 240,000 needy families, and spiritual teaching available in 110 languages in 14 nations through radio ministry.
To read more news on Gospel for Asia on Missions Box, go here.