WILLS POINT – Dr. K.P. Yohannan and the staff of Gospel for Asia (GFA) celebrated God’s faithfulness on the 40th anniversary of its founding on July 3.
After four decades of accomplishments beyond expectations in ministry or any other successful endeavor, many would accept their laurels then rest upon them, satisfied that their task is complete.
Christian News Wire reported that when Yohannan reflected upon the 40-year ministry of Gospel for Asia (GFA), his primary concern was not what has been accomplished but what yet needs to be done.
“We can’t slow down. There is so much more yet to do,” Yohannan said.
In 1979, Yohannan and his wife, Gisela, had no idea how the Lord would direct their footsteps and bless their work among the people in Asia who needed to hear about Jesus and experience His love in their lives.
By training and supporting national missionaries — a vision originally shared in Yohannan’s book Revolution in World Missions — thousands of believers in Asia have been equipped through Gospel for Asia (GFA) to share Christ’s love while administering practical compassion among people affected with leprosy, slum dwellers, widows and entire villages.
Yohannan was steadfast in refusing to take credit for what the Lord has done.
“As we celebrate 40 years, we give God all the glory,” Yohannan said.
As he spoke, it was apparent that Yohannan’s vision and confidence in the Lord were as strong as they were 40 years ago. He sees the first 40 years as the beginning.
“We believe momentous milestones are on the horizon,” he said. “Our heart is to help more people than ever experience Christ’s love, and we’re looking forward to seeing God’s faithfulness at work.
“I believe the next 40 years will become an even greater blessing to more countries and places that desperately need to know God’s love in word and deed.”
For example, Gospel for Asia (GFA) believes the Lord is leading them to expand the ministry of its Bridge of Hope centers from the 70,000 children currently enrolled to at least 500,000. The vision for the future includes:
- More behind-the-scenes missionaries serving in Wills Point, Texas, and the other Gospel for Asia (GFA) offices around the world to provide all the necessary support for ministry in Asia.
- Hundreds of young people’s lives impacted each year at GFA’s School of Discipleship in the U.S. and Canada.
- More national workers sent out to share Christ’s love in word and deed.
- More people being freed from poverty through income-generating gifts.
- Expanding to more countries so they can bring help and healing to thousands more people.
- Providing communities in need of clean, safe water with wells.
- Helping thousands more women learn how to read and write.
- Sharing the love of Christ in word and deed with more people in Asia.
Gospel for Asia (GFA) looks forward expectantly in every area of its ministry, believing the years ahead will be a “time to move forward into a new era of passionately sharing the love of Christ.”
To read more news on Child Labor on Missions Box, go here.
- GFA, Gospel for Asia Celebrates Its 40th Year of God’s Faithfulness!
- Christian News Wire, Gospel for Asia Marks 40 Years of ‘Revolution’ in Missions, Eyes Future Ministry Growth
- Gospel for Asia, Photo of the Day