CANADA — In spite of persecution Iran has the fastest growing church in the world. It’s often the Muslim converts who face the worst persecution. Greg Musselman interviews Dr. Hormoz Shariat, founder of Iran Alive Ministries, which has seen an amazing response to the Gospel during COVID-19. Hundreds are calling in each week to accept Jesus!
Having grown up as a Muslim, Dr. Hormoz Shariat is now a passionate follower of Jesus and an active evangelist to Iranian people. He shares how God is awakening people to their deep need for Christ, giving them the boldness to turn to Him and endure persecution for His sake. The stories of Ebrahim Firouzi and Mohammad Reza (Youhan) Omidi highlight the everyday life of a persecuted believer in Iran and the Lord’s faithfulness to His children as they face every effort of the government to eliminate the Body of Christ within their borders.
About Voice of the Martyrs Canada
The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM) is a nonprofit, interdenominational missions organization that serves persecuted Christians around the world. Founded in 1967 by Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand, VOM is dedicated to inspiring believers to deepen their commitment to Christ and to fulfill His Great Commission — no matter the cost.
The Voice of the Martyrs continues this mission around the world today through the following purposes:
- To encourage and empower Christians to fulfill the Great Commission in areas of the world where they are persecuted for sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To provide practical relief and spiritual support to the families of Christian martyrs.
- To equip persecuted Christians to love and win to Christ those who are opposed to the gospel in their part of the world.
- To undertake projects of encouragement, helping believers rebuild their lives and Christian witness in countries where they have formerly suffered oppression.
- To promote the fellowship of all believers by informing the world of the faith and courage of persecuted Christians, thereby inspiring believers to a deeper level of commitment to Christ and involvement in His Great Commission.