CINCINNATI — 7 Hills Church hosted its annual “Vision Sunday” during its morning services Sunday, Oct. 3, at its Florence Location, Cincinnati Location and online.
When Pastor Jentezen Franklin, senior pastor of Free Chapel church in Atlanta, Georgia, made a surprise appearance at 7 Hills Church’s annual “Heart for the House Vision Dinner” in August, he encouraged the church to reach 10,000 people in 2021. In the spirit of that calling, Pastor Marcus shared what is next for 7 Hills Church. At “Vision Sunday,” Pastor Marcus Mecum outlined a variety of initiatives and goals for the church in 2022.
“Acts 17:27 tells us God chooses the times and places that we dwell. This is our time. This is our place. This is the geographical area we’ve been assigned,” said Pastor Marcus Mecum. “Our hope is to set up future generations to be a light and an influence. We are dreaming beyond our borders to bring 10,000 to light.”
Initiatives outlined include:
- Open a new Walton-Verona Location
- Launch a physical campus inside a local prison
- Develop a model for the “Know Hope Ranch,” which will provide 100 acres of land for women and families who are struggling with addiction
- Hosting the “Next Gen Conference” of 10,000 young people in 10 cities alongside Pastor Jentezen Franklin
“What is about to happen next will astound and astonish all of you because this is God’s doing and it’s beautiful in our eyes,” said Pastor Jentezen Franklin. “I believe you’re going to set captives and addicts free like never before.”
Goals achieved in 2020 and 2021 include:
- Funding a “Save the Storks” bus to mobilize pregnancy resources for those facing the difficult decision between abortion and life for their unborn children
- Church planting in local prisons through “God Behind Bars,” providing over 100,000 tablets for inmates to join 7 Hills Church services online
- Building a trauma center in the Eshkol region of Israel in partnership with Pastor Jentezen Franklin of Free Chapel
- Providing a point of connection between the people of Cincinnati, local pastors and the local police department, including developing an app to help police officers receive anonymous mental health assistance
Watch the full “Vision Sunday” service here.
To learn more about 7 Hills Church, visit 7hillschurch.tv.
Direct media inquiries to [email protected].
7 Hills Church began in 2007 with a vision to reach the metro Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. 7 Hills has since seen God move beyond its wildest dreams with thousands of people receiving Christ and embracing His greatness living within them.
Pastor Marcus Mecum is founder and senior pastor of 7 Hills Church. He has led 7 Hills in following Christ and loving their community for over 15 years. Pastor Marcus’ prayer is to see the body of Christ truly living out its call to be the hands and feet of Jesus to one another and the world around them. Hear from Pastor Marcus every day in your inbox with Daily Bread with PM, a short devotional with resources to help you grow in your faith.