SAN DIMAS, CA — Christian Community Credit Union donated $10,000 to International Ministries’ (IM) relief effort in response to the devastating massive explosion in Beirut, Lebanon. IM has global servants serving in the area who can offer immediate help to those affected by the blast.
The funds for the donation come from the Credit Union’s “Cards that Give to Missions” (www.mycccu.com/missionsdonation) program, in which a portion of the Credit Union’s interchange income (fees merchants pay to card issuers) is donated when cardholders use their Credit Union-issued credit cards for purchases.
“We grieve with and pray for those who have lost loved ones and homes in Beirut as a result of the explosion,” said Christian Community Credit Union’s Executive Vice-President/Chief Operating Officer, Marji Hughes. “The Credit Union is blessed to partner with IM and One Great Hour of Sharing in this effort to bring relief and hope to the people of Beirut.”
“Thank you to our friends at Christian Community Credit Union for the most generous gift to support the International Ministries’ relief efforts in Lebanon!” said Rev. Sharon Koh, IM Executive Director/ CEO.
“The people of Lebanon have suffered another horrific tragedy at a time when the country has already been under COVID-19 restrictions that have sped up a period of economic freefall. In times like these for which the word ‘challenging’ feels like an understatement, your gift will be used in tangible ways to share the love of Christ with the people in Lebanon.”
Help Support International Ministries’ Beirut Blast Relief Effort
To support International Ministries’ relief effort in Beirut, please click https://portal.internationalministries.org/disaster-relief, or send your checks directly to International Ministries. Please designate “OGHS–Lebanon” on the memo line of your check. Donations by check should be made payable to International Ministries and mailed to International Ministries, Attn: Gifts Processing, 1003 W 9th Avenue, Ste. A, King of Prussia, PA 19406.
- Christian Community Credit Union (www.mycccu.com) has $760 million in assets and over 30,000 members nationwide. For over 63 years, the Credit Union has served as a financial partner of Christian ministries, churches, and their members.
- International Ministries (IM) (www.internationalministries.org) works cross-culturally to invite people to become disciples of Jesus Christ and to proclaim, through both word and deed, God’s reign of justice, peace, and abundant life for all creation.
- One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) (http://onegreathourofsharing.org) is a Christian effort to empower, provide water, supply food, and give relief from disasters. OGHS is administered by the World Relief Committee of the Board of General Ministries of American Baptist Churches USA.
Click www.mycccu.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/BeirutGSV08112020.png to download photo of the aftermath of the Beirut explosion. (Image credit Google Street View/P. Elie Korkomaz)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The information in this news release is for online use only and on publications distributed by hand or via email. Please do not use this article in publications distributed using third-class bulk mail for nonprofit organizations, as it does not meet U.S. Postal Service requirements.
CONTACT: Hope Smith, 626-915-7551 ext 6233, email@example.com
- Christian News Wire, Christian Community Credit Union Donates $10,000 to International Ministries’ Beirut Blast Effort
- Christian Community Credit Union, Official Website