ALBUQUERQUE, NM — Faith Comes By Hearing, an international Audio Bible organization, celebrates 50 years of ministry with the worldwide premiere of One Matchstick: The Senga Fire on December 4, 2022 at 6pm ET.
“When we work together with our different gifts, we can say, God has accomplished this.” — Rev. Katete Jackson Jones, BiLTA, Zambia
One year ago, Faith Comes By Hearing’s video team set out to capture an incredible story of community transformation through God’s Word in audio. Now, the organization is ready to share that story with the world.
One Matchstick: The Senga Fire tells the incredible true story of the Senga of Zambia receiving the Bible in their language for the first time in the tribe’s 2,000-year history.
Prior to this monumental breakthrough, no written or oral translation of Scripture existed in the Senga’s mother tongue. Interaction with the Bible in any meaningful way required the Senga to learn the languages of neighboring tribes. Though they desired to know and understand the Bible, their tribe was deemed too small to receive a written translation – the need for global Bible translation is great.
Through partnership with Faith Comes By Hearing, the Senga people persevered against all odds to translate and record Audio Scripture in their language. Faith Comes By Hearing’s innovative Oral Bible Translation methodology and technology enabled the tribe to produce natural and faithful oral Scripture without a written translation.
In One Matchstick: The Senga Fire, marvel at the incredible story of one Truth, one tribe, and one passion to see the Word of God cover the earth as the waters cover the sea.
How to Watch One Matchstick: The Senga Fire
Visit official site for details: faithcomesbyhearing.com/one-matchstick
Live Event: Sunday, Dec. 4, 6pm ET
About Faith Comes By Hearing
Faith Comes By Hearing (FCBH) has been working since 1972 to get the Word of God to people in their own language. FCBH, alongside partners, launched Vision 2033 with the mission to record and freely provide God’s Word in every language that needs it by the year 2033. Fulfillment of Vision 2033 includes a recording of the New Testament in the heart language of 99% of the people in the world, a portion of Scripture recorded in the heart language of the remaining 1%, at least one Gospel Film in the heart language of every person, and free access to these Audio and Video Scriptures for all. For more information about Faith Comes By Hearing, visit faithcomesbyhearing.com.
Contact: Deana Day, Communications Coordinator, 505-881-3321 ext 1624, 479-644-2756 (mobile), email@example.com
Source: Christian Newswire, Faith Comes By Hearing Presents ‘One Matchstick: The Senga Fire’